Monday, April 1, 2013

Why my mom is the best.

I am thoroughly convinced that I have the best mother in the world.  My brother and I were just talking the other day about how cool she was.  Here are a few reasons:

1. She is the nicest person I have ever met.  Really, I don't think I've ever heard her say a mean thing about anyone.  Thats not to say that she has not had problems with people, but she handles them in the most mature and loving way.  Its really inspiring to watch her deal with problematic people.

2.  She knows everything.  If I ever have a question about anything (what to substitute for butter in a recipe, how to get a stain out, where to buy certain lightbulbs, or if my black shirt goes with my brown shoes), she has the answer.  Its really quite amazing.  Anything you would expect a mother to know, she knows. I think it must be some magical power you get when you become a mother to know how to get a stain out.*

3. She's incredibly smart.  This is different from her just knowing everything.  She has this incredible power of understanding.  She is able to understand things at a deeper level than most people.  This is why she is so good at her job.  She write lessons plans for the adult sunday school classes at church.  She writes them!  This also makes her the perfect person to ask for bible references, or if you want a good women's devotional.

4. She's fun. She's fun to be around and she makes time to have fun with me.  Once, my mom and I sat on the couch all weekend and watched pretty much all of Arrested Development.  She laughs easily and makes jokes.  Shes just great.
Here's a snippet of a conversation with my mother:
Me:  Dogs are so cool.  They are animals....that want to play with you.  Thats so cool.
Mom:  (sinisterly) Boa constrictors want to play with you.
....

5. She threw the best birthday parties.  Seriously.  Looking back on them, they were so cool.  I had a school themed party, a mermaid party, a raggedy ann party, a ballerina party, a tye-dye party (where she created this elaborate maze of tye dye string in the basement), my brother had a space party, a treasure hunting party, and much much more.  They were so cool.

6. She's the most laid back person ever.  Come to think of it, I can't think of a time when I've seen my mother angry.  She's definitely been disappointed (she has the worst disappointed look....it fills you with shame), but I've never seen her lose her temper or yell.  That's pretty cool.

7.  She's so pretty. In a vote amongst some of my friends, my mom was voted the "hottest mom"  But really, shes so beautiful.

Yeah, so my mom is really awesome. I'm glad she is my mother and I'm sorry for everyone else who doesnt have her for a mother. 
I could go on and on about all the different things that make my mother awesome, like how she is strong and sensitive and wise and has the best fingernails, but that would take forever.  My mother is the wisest, most godly, kind, beautiful, talented woman I have ever met in my life and I'm eternally grateful for her.  Thanks, mom!


*Oh!  I thought of another magical mom power:  finding things.  How is it that I can search my room for 10 minutes and not find something and all she has to do is stand in the doorway and she can find it in 20 seconds?  That's another ability you get when you become a mom, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment